Information and registration for international CBS students & staff
As an international student or staff member at CBS, you are invited to attend free Danish language classes on CBS campus. The classes are for beginners as well as at intermediate and advanced levels.
Table of content
The classes are being offered by IA Sprog and:
- Meet the legal standards of the Danish Educational Programme (no ECTS credits though).
- Are free of charge to international students and staff – including educational material.
- Are designed for both full-degree and exchange students as well as staff members.
- Meet once a week for four lessons over the course of a semester.
- Or meet twice a week (3 lessons x 2) if you have the time to prioritize Danish.
- Combines the positive aspect of classroom interaction with convenient online self-studies and open study workshops on campus.
The courses are divided into three levels: beginner (Module 1), intermediate (Module 2 & 3) and advanced (Module 4 & 5). Module 5 corresponds to level B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
1 or 2 modules per semester.
Classroom instruction and interaction will be combined with open study workshops and online self-study, as you will get access 24-7 to Denmark’s greatest online learning platform. Preparation of homework and assignments will also be expected. There is a written and oral test at the end of each course.
Location: On CBS campus.
You must have a Danish civil registration number (CPR). Your CPR number is a prerequisite, as the Danish programme is financed by the municipalities.
- You may not register for free Danish lessons with another provider while you are registered at IA/CBS.
- New students after July 1, 2017, must make a deposit of DKK 1,250, in accordance to the newly approved law, The Act on Danish for Adult Foreigners. The deposit can be refunded if you want to make a pause or stop or after each passed module test.
Danish for beginners:
Course start and introduction: week 8 (February 19-22) or week 9 (February 26-March 1) depending on obtained CPR number.
Schedule: 4 lessons once a week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday)
- Monday or Tuesday 13.30-16.45
- Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday 17.10-20.30
- Thursday 16.15-19.45
- Monday and Wednesday 16.15-18.45 (twice a week)
Registration deadline: February 9, 2018.
After registration you will have access to IA Sprog’s online website “Jumpstart”, giving you the possibility to start learning Danish right away.
Danish at intermediate and advanced levels:
“Fast-track January classes”
If you have time to prioritize Danish in January, you can register for either a Module 1 catch-up class, a Module 2 class or a Module 3 class. The classes are intensive, with classes twice a week (16.15-20.30). The aim is to finish a module, so you can continue on to the next module from week 6.
Course start: week 1, 2018 (January 3).
Module 2 & 3 (Common European Framework of Reference level A2/B1)
There is a mandatory written and oral exam at the end of each module.
Course start: Week 6, 2018 (February 5 – 8).
Module 4 and 5 (Common European Framework of Reference levels B1/B2)
There is a mandatory written and oral exam at the end of each module. The final exam after Module 5 is PD3 (Prøve i Dansk 3).
Course start: Week 2, 2018 (February 8 – 11).
Schedule: 4 lessons once a week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday), late afternoon or evening and supplementary online studies and open study workshops.
Module 5 will have extra classes with exam preparation.
Registration deadline: December 29, 2018 for current students at IA Sprog at CBS. January 23, 2018 for new students at IA Sprog.
Students who have learned Danish on their own or in other ways will be invited to a placement interview.
If you have any questions, you are most welcome to send an email to
Hanne Vesterborg email@example.com
Swedish and Norwegian speaking students are offered specially designed classes either at CBS Campus or at IA Sprog. Skandi-classes will be created at CBS Campus, if the number of CBS students is sufficient. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and will depend on space available. For each course, a minimum number of participants is required. IA Sprog reserves the right to cancel a course, if this minimum is not reached.